I have worked as a full time preschool teacher for about a month now,
but I'm still adapting..
Things are rather different in this school, even though it's also under Little Skoolhouse just like the one at OCBC which I have worked for 3 years on and off.
Maybe it was the change in status, change in job scope that I'm not able to adapt to, or maybe its just the atmosphere.
Not saying that ATT does not have a positive or friendly atmosphere, but OCBC feels more relaxed I guess?
I'm sure teachers in most schools have the same workload, but life in OCBC just feel so much better and positive.
Now, whenever I think the work that needs to be done, I feel like its so rushed, so little time but sooo many things to do.
My Eng partner in class was telling me even though she has been here since End Jan, she is also adapting. She also worked at another branch of LSH before, but its different for her as well.
So I guess it be best for me stay positive and try to adapt to the best of my abilities.
Having started work, I'm having second thoughts about doing my degree next year.
Perhaps if I could handle the work next year, I would be able to do my degree, but for now, I don't see how I will be able to juggle studying while working on this job.
I have two partners in class, unlike most Eng teachers who only have one. But, there are times when I wish it's just me and my laoshi, cause now it doesn't feel like its MY class.
Be it anything, other than discussing my idea with laoshi, I have to talk to my Eng partner before we have another discussion with laoshi.
There are times when I feel that she doesn't inform me about things, or only inform me after things have been done, and its rather frustrating.
Because of an extra partner, everything that I want done usually take a longer time to be completed cause there are sooo many discussions to do.
Just thinking about it tires me, like why can't things be up already?!
But I do have to be appreciative that at least I have extra help, another person to share my workload with me, even though it does make things more confusing for me sometimes.
Oh well, everything comes with pros and cons.
Just hope everything gets on the right track by next week.
♥To love and be loved♥
2:53 PM